Tourism is defined as traveling for own’s pleasure. In India, Chandigarh and Mohali are one of the best choices to visit as a tourist place. The city accredited by the title ” The City Beautiful” is known for its beauty because of the cleanliness of the city and also for its natural greenery. Though there are various places to visit near chandigarh and mohali, some places have its own importance which is as follows-:
1. Zakir Hussain Rose Garden: Though this garden is not the only rose garden in India but it is the largest garden of its kind in Asia. It is situated in sector 16B of Chandigarh spread over 27 acres of land. The garden named after the former president of India Dr. Zakir Hussain is a botanical garden consisting of various rose bushes of a variety of species. This garden also contains the fountain too which attracts the visitors.
2. Sukhna Lake: It is the finest man-made lakes of India. The lake is extended over to 3 km is 16 feet deep. The sunset view of Sukhna lake is eye-catching. The families and schools come here as a picnic spot too. Also, the lake provides the features boating, routing and sculling. This lake serves as the habitat for the various migratory birds during the winters.
3. Rock Garden: The Rockgarden located near the Sukhna lake is spread over 40acres of land. The garden is visited by 5000 visitors daily. It consists of the various scriptures made from the industrial and home waste material thrown away. The garden also has lakes and the beautiful waterfalls. The open area of the garden has swings which also add to the beauty of India.
4.Japanese Garden: The Japanese garden is located in sector 31of the city beautiful (Chandigarh).The garden has a lot of water bodies, pagoda towers, beautiful waterfalls, meditation center, a Buddha idol and golden bamboos. The garden is designed using Japanese architecture accompanied by the Japanese paintings. The whole garden reminds the visitor about the Japanese culture.
5. Elante Mall: The shopping center of the beautiful city of India, Elante mall is the second largest mall of Northern India. Not only the center for the shopping, the mall is also famous for their PVR cinemas. The food court witnesses the various visitors and the playing zone for the kids attracts the children there.
6. Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Mohali: This stadium located in sector 63 of Mohali, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar district of Punjab is one of the largest stadiums of India. It is the center of attraction for the cricket lovers in Punjab. It has the capacity of 26000 spectators. This stadium hosts international as well as domestic Cricket matches. It was inaugurated with the one-day international match between India and South Africa in 1993.
7. Government Museum and Art gallery: The museum located in sector 10C of the Union Territory Chandigarh has a lot of collections to be noticed by the visitors which includes the Gandharan sculptures, Pahari and Rajasthani paintings. This museum witnessed the partition of India as it was located in Lahore which was the capital of Punjab before independence. After the partition, the museum objects were also divided between the countries as India receives the 40% of the objects while 60% were retained by Pakistan.
8. Gurudwara Shri Amb Sahib(SAS Nagar) Mohali: The gurudwara situated in the district of The Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar. This gurudwara has its own history regarding the mangoes on the tree in the month of December and that too is the reason that this gurudwara is named after Amb(mango).